Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Welcome To Delightfully Deco Blog

I started this blog as an outlet for my unfortunate obsession with antique and vintage jewelry. The reason I say "unfortunate" is because most of it I can't afford, though I did manage to score a few little pieces of antique jewelry on eBay.

My love for antique jewelry most probably evolved from growing up on novels like The Three Musketeers, Angelique, The Count of Monte Cristo and other similar titles. I love watching period films and as you can imagine, I've had my eyes glued to every episode of Downton Abbey, hungrily devouring every beautiful detail of the characters exquisite attire and jewels. To me, the beauty of antique jewelry lies in it's highly intricate details like filigree, delicate piercing patterns and beautiful organic shapes. I particularly love jewelry styles from the Edwardian era (1900-1910) and Art Deco (1920-1940). Later on, I will expound on the different jewelry styles from various periods and will post some examples. I love the history behind antique jewelry and the notion that a  jewelry piece saw the world way before my mother was born, is very appealing to me. 

In the near future, I hope to showcase a lot of exquisite jewelry on this blog, including antique engagement rings, watches, lavalier pendants, earrings, brooches and more! Since I spend way too much of my time browsing antique jewelry on the web, I will be posting plenty of pictures of beautiful and unusual finds, so stay tuned. 

Please note, I may be posting links to antique jewelry sellers, but I am in no way affiliated with any of the sellers and obviously not responsible for their integrity or the quality of their merchandise. Now with the disclaimer out of the way, enjoy all the eye candy!

Edwardian platinum and diamond necklace.



No comments:

Post a Comment